Been having too many day drinks sessions or just got back from a heavy girls hol? Sounds like you could use a pamper weekend in! Strapped for cash and want a DIY detox that won’t break the bank? Why not make your own face masks using ingredients you’ve prolly got chillin’ in your food cupboard! Save money, look fab and embrace all things natural for a lit from within glow that’s gonna transform all those Insta selfies in an instant. Check out 5 homemade face mask recipes that we love!
Wanna get your glow on? Try this banana based homemade face mask for an organic luminosity that smells good enough to eat! This mask is perf for all skin types, so if you’re experimenting with homemade face masks for the first time, this is the ultimate recipe to start out with.
- Start by mashing half of a large banana in a bowl.
- Mix in a splash of juice, we love tropical or orange and a tbsp of honey to thicken the mixutre
- Apply the paste to your face using a foundation brush
- Leave for 15 minutes then rinse off for sparkling skin!
Avocado lover? You’ll be in heaven with this creamy DIY avocado face mask! We all know that avocados are super smooth and creamy, so this mask is ideal if you have dry skin and need some luxe pampering to hydrate that face.
- Peel and chop half an avocado (safe the other half for your toast!)
- Add to a bowl with 1 tbsp plain natural yoghurt
- Add some honey to thicken
- Spread the mask on and leave for 15 mins for a ‘gram worthy glow!
Go for a mask that’s as sweet as you are! This exfoliating homemade brown sugar face mask is amaze for scrubbing away your sins after a heavy weekend. With hydrating coconut oil, it’s a killer combo that will have you feelin’ like a new woman.
- Mix together 2 tbsp coarse brown sugar with 2tbsp coconut oil
- Scrub in circular motions, then leave on for 10 minutes
- Rinse off for super soft skin!
Love a fruity face mask? This DIY strawberry and lemon face mask will have you hitting that 5 a day and feeling totally fruity fresh. With zingy lemon and nourishing honey, it’s the energy booster that you need to get back on track.
- Chop 5 medium sized strawberries and crush into a paste
- Add honey and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Apply the mix with a foundation brush and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off for sparkling strawb skin!
Got sensitive skin and need a soothing mask to destress your skin? Aloe vera is your go-to, girl! Filled with vitamins and moisture to plump up your skin and give you a post hangover makeover, this mask is an amaze Monday evening treat.
- Start with 2 tbsp natural yoghurt and add some aloe vera gel
- Mix in some avocado and combine all ingredients to make a paste
- Apply and leave for 15 mins
- Rinse off for skin totally worth saying aloe to!