It’s April already…WTF?! Don’t get us wrong, we’re totally excited for summer, but we’re also freaking out about the thought of being seen in a bikini (why do all the Easter eggs come out just before summer!?). If you’re in full on meltdown mode and wanna start cleaning out that fridge and detoxing your body, we’ve got you, girl! Check out some delish healthy meal prep recipes that will totally upgrade the sad salad and have you lookin’ summerlicious in no time!
Chicken Lettuce Fajitas
If you’re a superfan of Mexican food and love fajitas, you need to try this delicious, low carb recipe. Veggie or vegan? Double up on veg or substitute the chicken for tofu. This recipe makes 4 servings. You’ll be lookin’ as spicy as the seasoning in no time!
- 1 x packet of fajita seasoning
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Handful of coriander
- Juice from 2 limes
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts cut into 1 inch chunks
- 4 bell peppers thinly sliced
- 1 red onion cut into strips
- 1 head of butter lettuce or romaine lettuce
- Sliced avocado and lime wedges to serve
- Slice all ingredients, cutting the peppers and onions into strips and cutting the chicken into 1 inch pieces.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onions and peppers until soft, sprinkling some of the seasoning on.
- Remove the vegetables and add chicken with some more olive oil and the remaining seasoning, cook for 5-6 minutes then add the vegetables again and mix.
- Add the cooked mixture to lettuce leaves, using the leaves as a wrap.
- Top with avocado and any other toppings you would like such as low fat mozzarella cheese.
Greek Couscous Salad
If you’re dreamin’ of that summer bod, why not inject some sunshine into your meals with this tasty Greek couscous salad. It will have you feeling like you’re dining sunset style by the beach, with fresh Mediterranean flavours for days. This recipe makes 4-6 servings.
- 2 packets ready made couscous mix
- 1 chopped cucumber
- 3 bell peppers- one red, one yellow, one green
- Half of a red onion, chopped
- Pack of cherry tomatoes, halved
- Handful of parsley
- 2 cans chickpeas
- Feta cheese
- Salad dressing
- Lemon wedges
- Prep the couscous mix by following the instructions on the packet, adding some of your favourite seasoning.
- Coarsely chop the vegetables and parsley. Soak the red onion in lemon juice or water for ten minutes to take the ‘bite’ out of it.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas, if you like, you can roast them in the oven.
- Add the couscous to tuppaware and let it cool.
- Add in all of the veggies and chickpeas, then the feta, lemon, salt and pepper and dressing.
Beef And Broccoli
Craving a Chinese takeaway? Cheat clean with this delish broccoli and beef recipe that incorporates all your fave flavours, but is still super low cal. This recipe serves 4.
- Sirloin steak
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ¼ tablespoon ginger
- 1 head of broccoli
- Soy sauce
- Oyster sauce
- Mirin cooking wine or dry sherry
- Salt and pepper
- Noodles or rice if desired
- Blanch the broccoli by adding the florets to boiling water and cooking for 30 seconds. Remove and rinse with cold water before setting aside.
- Combine all ingredients for the sauce together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan until you see smoke begin to rise from the pan.
- Add beef to the smoking pan and spread the pieces out, allowing them to sear and brown. Add garlic and cook until the meat is no longer pink. Pour in the sauce until it thickens, adding water to thin out the sauce.
- Stir in the broccoli and combine with the sauce. Toss everything together to coat and add salt and pepper.
- Divide into containers with sesame seeds sprinkled on top over rice or noodles.
So now you’ve got all the inspo on how to get that summer bod in no time! With fresh meals to keep you satisfied and steer you away from the choc, those ‘gram pics are gonna pop, girl!